Thursday 14 September 2017

Dreadfleet - Seadrake 2

Well, at last the Seadrake has put to sea, though workmen and painters are still aboard (Do you see that lean on the foremast)

She's taken some time, part because of the various invasions over the past three weeks and part because it's a nicely detailed ship.

I didn't entirely follow the WD painting guide which seemed over complex yet full of omissions, such as hints for the Dragon.

I didn't undercoat the gold detail with bronze, which is my usual practice, as that would give me twice the chance of error, especially as I was missing my usual headset magnifiers.

The detail on the sails show this lack.

I did undercoat bronze on the ram, figurehead and above the rudder.

I used Regal Blue on the sails first but applied the Enchanted Blue directly onto the white base on the roofs.

When assembling, note that the decking has to go in before the two halves are joined.

Otherwise assembly is easy and very neat.

The captain is Prince Yrellian of Ulthuan. If you've never heard of him, no worries. Nor have I.

No comments: