Thursday 21 September 2017

Elf Command?

 Here's what I bought as Elf Command though I rather think there should be a musician there too.

Perhaps one of these guys plays the penny whistle.

I'm ashamed of the Banner.  Freehand painting of Elvish detail is beyond me.

The colours are not right either but I didn't want the pale blue/pale green of the previous banner.

They are supposed to be a rally point so it's no good if they are all the same colour.

I've tried to keep to the same or similar colour scheme as the earlier wood elves.

Mechanicus Grey and Catachan Green for the cloaks and Knarloc Green for the bases.

The 'blue' is Shadow Grey built up to Fenrisian Grey.

One head is based with Mournfang, the other with the last drop of Calthan Brown that I have.

Then the hairs painted Yriel Yellow and Balor Brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody can afford a penny whistle nowadays. With inflation you'd be hard pushed to get a pony whistle. To paint freehand the required detail of an Elvish design on a banner the size of the one's brandished by your models you'd need a tunneling electron microscope. I think these Elves probably belong to the National Elf Service. They deserve higher pay, more respect and shorter hours. The range of colours you mention on these blogs must require a warehouse just to store them. Quite remarkable. Good job, good job, as the late man with the chin used to say. John

Cotswold Bookstore said...

You'd be amazed what the experts manage. Dial in 'images dreadfleet' and see some real quality painting.